Don't know where to start on your fitness journey? Suffer from chronic pain, illness, or injury? Eat 3 avocados a day and run 20 miles a week, and don't understand why you're not seeing results? I hear you. I see you. I've been there.
I'm Marissa. I'm a lawyer turned yoga instructor and personal trainer. I have suffered from chronic illness my entire life, and I believe that movement and exercise is a way to reclaim your physical power.
With a decade of experience in the fitness and wellness industry, I create individualized fitness and wellness programs for my clients, and I reject a one-size-fits-all approach. I believe that physical movement and mindfulness is a way to shift your energy, clear your mind, and step into your power so you can claim (and reclaim) who you truly are.
I love and have specialized training working with underserved communities - especially older adults, persons in treatment for or in recovery from cancer, and persons with physical and/or intellectual disabilities - using mindfulness and movement to help people feel empowered in their lives and perform the activities of daily living with more ease.
In addition to offering group classes, I provide personal training, small group training, and private yoga and Reiki virtually in the comfort of your home. Want to learn more? Ready to get started? Let's chat.
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER (AMERICAN COUNCIL ON EXERCISE)
- CERTIFIED CANCER EXERCISE SPECIALIST (CANCER EXERCISE TRAINING INSTITUTE)
- CERTIFIED SENIOR FITNESS SPECIALIST (AMERICAN COUNCIL ON EXERCISE)
- CERTIFIED REGISTERED YOGA TEACHER, 500 HR (YOGA ALLIANCE)
- CERTIFIED EXPERIENCED REGISTERED YOGA TEACHER, 200 HR (YOGA ALLIANCE)
- CERTIFIED YOGA & MINDFULNESS FOR DIVERSE ABILITIES TEACHER (CHILDLIGHT YOGA)
- SPECIALIZED TRAINING IN YOGA & CANCER (YOGA IN ACTION, FORMERLY KNOWN AS SATYA)
- REIKI II ATTUNED
- CERTIFIED IN CPR/AED (AMERICAN RED CROSS)
Empowering People With Movement & Mindfulness
Grounded and supportive fitness and yoga instruction with a touch of humor from the Seacoast to Bedford, NH and virtually. Helping people reach their fitness and wellness goals in an accepting and inclusive environment. Offering classes for everyBODY, from athletic fitness enthusiasts to the senior community to persons living with physical disabilities and chronic illness.
Quality programming and excellent service at a reasonable price.
I'd love to help you on your fitness and wellness journey. Fill out the form below and I will be in touch as soon as possible